Supercharge your camera.
Optimize your imagery.
Professional imaging conversion tools for production and post
Primers are per-sensor crafted image transformation tools, designed to achieve superior imaging results and empower the Creative.
Cinematographer benefits from optimal image preview to see full DR, natural colors, proper contrast and nail exposure
DIT benefits from consistent, accurate and practical tools for fast set workflow and high quality dailies
Colorist benefits from powerful neutral image shaping tools for high quality first light, having more time and focus for creative look design
Top quality colour performance
Every camera can provide superior results than out of the box, manual grading or with standard LUTs applied.
We found the possibility and made it a reality.
Unified Colour Philosophy
We designed a natural, visually referent transformation colour science. Instead of matching one camera to another (developed from log how?), we transform their imagery to a single reference.
It took 5 years to establish and reach that reference.
We developed the technology and workflow to calibrate the camera imagery. To our Unified Colour Philosophy.
Primers take care of technical optimization of the image.
You take care of the creative look.
In order to optimize the imagery Primers take care of highly complex, extremely specific and subtle fixed sensor + base colour science imperfections.
You take care of the variables and simple temperature & tint. Imagery feels and behaves better.
Works across scenarios.
Color managing with a single LUT *
No need for CSTs, IDTs, image signal gymnastics, 456 tranformations and 376 steps for colour matching and base color correction.
Primers do what needs to be done in one.
Meaning more time and focus left for creative part.
* – in the context of gamut and colour response unification
Same LUTs for monitoring and post
Standard LUTs are destructive and not reliable for high quality post. They can cause texture deterioration, noise enhancement, tonal deviations, clipping, loss of density, loss of detail, harsh falloffs, many inconsistencies and other complex issues which cannot be undone later in the image pipeline.
Primers are designed to be used as neutral base colour correction shaping tools and provide high quality results in post.
1) Superior imaging performance
2) Natural image aesthetics
3) More practical and reliable shooting
4) Accurate on-set monitoring, spot-on exposure
5) Same transformations for monitoring and post, reduced risks, what you see is what you get. Exactly.
6) High quality and faster set dailies
7) High quality post production
8) Maximum utilization of sensor gamut & DR (Log origin & Primers EQX for 10 bit+ cameras)
9) Unified colour performance across cameras and brands with dramatically easier camera matching
10) Technical simplification and unification of workflow with more time and focus left for creative work